30 October 2009

For a Friend


Illustration by: Gustave Dore

The Divine Comedy: The Vision of Hell, Puragtory, and Paradise

CANTO XVIII


Thus much
Yet may I speak; that, as I gaz'd on her,
Affection found no room for other wish.
While the everlasting pleasure, that did full
On Beatrice shine, with second view
From her fair countenance my gladden'd soul
Contented; vanquishing me with a beam
Of her soft smile, she spake: "Turn thee, and list.
These eyes are not thy only Paradise."

--Dante Alighieri

1 comments:

Lily La Sorciere October 31, 2009 at 2:27 AM  

I adore both the Divine Comedy and Dore's illustrations. They really capture Dante's spirit, I think.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About Me

My photo
I am a digital artist, and a writer. My primary artistic influences are the PreRaphaelites, Romantic Realists and the Impressionists.

About This Blog

Like a digital scrapbook, of sorts, this blog is meant to be a gathering place for all that inspires me as an artist, a writer and a human being...

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP