29 October 2009

April Cornell Victorian Nightgowns

When you are just in the mood for something unabashedly romantic, there is nothing like the soft seduction of a Victorian Nightgown.

April Cornell has long made the most beautiful versions, in my humble opinion. It is not just the gorgeous silhouettes, but the fine details that make them something special. These gowns can be purchased at her online shop, or if you happen to be in Canada and can still find a La Cache store in business, then you can try them on in person.

April Cornell is a wonderful women, and the recession has hit her hard, causing her La Cache stores to have to file bankruptcy last month and close most of their locations in Canada. Her U.S. locations were forced to close two years ago. She has been in business since 1975, so this is very sad. So if you are in the market for something pretty please check out her shop. You can also check out her absolutely beautiful blog HERE.

EDIT: April contacted me this morning and was good enough to let me know that they are hoping to reopen their Greene Avenue shop in Montreal (which was the original shop), and that there are plans to continue to expand the online shop as well! Yea!! I strongly urge anyone who gets the chance to browse her online shop, watch her blog, and when the Montreal shop reopens, if you are in that neck of the woods, drop in and pay her a visit. You won't be disappointed, I assure you!










5 comments:

April Cornell October 30, 2009 at 8:46 AM  

Dear Samantha,
thank you for the appreciation. Funny, we are working on nighties today.They truly do give the gift of a sweet sleep.It is the soft voile fabrics, and the added touch of delicate embroidery that make people hold onto them for years. We are alive and well online in Canada and the USA,we are trying to make our website interactive, intimate and as familiar as a La Cache shop. We do sell through other shops as well. My beloved La Cache stores are indeed closed, but we are considering re opening on Greene Avenue in Montreal. That is the original birthplace of the brand!
I looked at your website and artwork - so beautiful. I will keep following you too!
April

MusaBenedetta October 30, 2009 at 8:52 AM  

To April Cornell:

I am so happy to hear that you are re-opening in Montreal. That is good news indeed! I love your shop, and have been shopping there for twenty years (mostly at the West Edmonton Mall location in Edmonton, AB). I am an avid online shopper, so your having an online shop is wonderful. I look forward to seeing what you will do with it in the days to come.

This economy is horrible, but it is great to see you staying strong and inspired. Your blog is gorgeous, and I plan on spending some time today going through all the archived posts.

I wish many blessings to you, April.

Lily La Sorciere October 31, 2009 at 2:26 AM  

Oh dear God! These are magnificent! Why does a visit to your blog always both inspire me AND make me want to spend money? :P

Katies Rose Cottage October 31, 2009 at 7:53 AM  

Those are sooo beautiful ~
I wonder if it would be okay to stay in them all day ~ Couldn't you put a belt around them for day wear ~ hehe !!
Soooo pretty ! I would never want to take them off ~
xoxo
Lori

MusaBenedetta November 1, 2009 at 7:09 PM  

To Lily: Sorry about that ;-). The making you want to spend money part, I mean...

To Katies Rose Cottage: I can't see why not. Throw on a belt and some cute sandles or boots and there you go - Prairie Chic!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About Me

My photo
I am a digital artist, and a writer. My primary artistic influences are the PreRaphaelites, Romantic Realists and the Impressionists.

About This Blog

Like a digital scrapbook, of sorts, this blog is meant to be a gathering place for all that inspires me as an artist, a writer and a human being...

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP