02 September 2009

Fresh Air and Light

Well, I am in the midst of planning a move; a move from the scorching heat of San Antonio, TX, to the cool summers and frosty winters of Denver, CO.  That being said, I need a change of pace when it comes to decorating the flat.  Our current tiny flat is decorated in warm earth tones complimented by shots of black and claret, but I really want a lighter, airier feeling when we move to Colorado, so I was thinking of decorating with some seaside type colors, specifically pale grays, greens and blues, and perhaps a little pale buttery yellow in a bathroom or the kitchen.

Seeing as we will be in a flat or condo, and the place will be a rental, we are slightly limited in what we can do (painting the walls is alright, but painting cabinetry is probably not), but I still want to brighten things up.

See below for some things that appealed to me.  What do you think?

Blues:



Greens:



Grays:



Yellows:

 

all photos courtesy of: MarthaStewart.com

1 comments:

Chris Raymer September 2, 2009 at 10:34 AM  

I love these colors! I never thought I would but I do!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About Me

My photo
I am a digital artist, and a writer. My primary artistic influences are the PreRaphaelites, Romantic Realists and the Impressionists.

About This Blog

Like a digital scrapbook, of sorts, this blog is meant to be a gathering place for all that inspires me as an artist, a writer and a human being...

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP